The availability of these fascinating stones, cut and set with new techniques have broadened their appeal in developing markets. The diamond jewelry is magnificent and serves for all occasions and purposes. It satisfies different requirements of individuals both modern and traditional. Nowadays, diamonds have become widespread due to their beauty, endurance and rarity. They fit in with all kinds of ceremonies. They also look stunningly beautiful when engraved with several metals such as gold, palladium, silver and titanium. There are several things that should be kept in mind before buying diamond jewelry. Few of them are given below :-
- Make sure that you have made a budget before moving ahead in a diamond shop. Because there is no point getting into debt for your wedding ring.
- Do shop around and browse online jewelry websites to get a good idea of what styles are available and what you could afford. There are different stores that specialize in different sizes, shapes and qualities, so you must find a retailer that caters to your needs.
- Don’t buy a diamond the first time you visit a store rather enquire first and then buy one. Do ask your family, friend or colleague for advice.
- One should always ask for original certificates (not photocopies). This is exceptionally essential when you are purchasing superior quality expensive diamonds. The tiny imperfections depicted on the GIA certificate (they are generally marked with red ink) are not seen on the xeroxed copy. Don’t buy a diamond that you cannot verify.
- Don’t purchase a diamond ring with a wide band if your beloved has short fingers. A diamond ring should be proportionate to the dimensions of her hands. It is often seen that a wide ring can make short fingers look even shorter as compared to the elongated diamond ring.
- Make sure that you are not fooled by advertisements such as wholesale prices, dealer prices or 50% off. GIA certified diamonds can be easily compared from one store to another.
- Don’t buy a diamond wedding ring just because everyone tells you that it’s a tradition. Buy only if your beloved likes one. These days rubies and sapphires are also the popular choices of women who don’t relish diamonds much.
- One should also take a closer look at what kind of jewelry she is already wearing and then buy a similar style. The materials and design used will give you an ideal idea of what kind of wedding ring will she love.